Create Shortcut to Folders Dropped in Files Tab

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Create Shortcut to Folders Dropped in Files Tab

Postby eHuman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm currently evaluating VueMinder Pro as a potential personal calendaring solution, and I like the rich feature set so far.

For dynamic events where documents are received or created over time, I place the files in a folder/directory as they arrive. I would like to link the Folder in the Files Tab for the Event/Task however it is not allowed. I can however create a shortcut to my folder, and then add that to the Files Tab. This is a lot of extra clicking just to add a shortcut to a Folder for an Item, and is one of the gripes I have with Outlook as well.

I suggest allowing a Folder to be dragged and dropped on the Files Tab, have VueMinder automatically create a shortcut to the Folder, then add that to the Files Tab. When preparing for the Event, a simple click opens the Folder and everything needed is at hand.

-eHuman
eHuman

Re: Create Shortcut to Folders Dropped in Files Tab

Postby VueSoft » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:03 am

Hi eHuman, thank you for the suggestion. I've completed this for the next version. I also improved the tooltip that appears when hovering over an event, so you'll be able to open the linked folder or file directly from the tooltip with a single click.

I'll post a reply these improvements are ready to download. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Create Shortcut to Folders Dropped in Files Tab

Postby VueSoft » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:56 am

An updated beta is available containing this improvement. The beta can be downloaded here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=908
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions