Sorting of task lists, event lists, etc

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Sorting of task lists, event lists, etc

Postby GreatLakes » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi Dan,

I would like the ability for subsorting of columns in the task list or vents list. As it is now, when you click on the column heading to sort in ascending or descending order, then there is only one sort. If you sort by date, then all categories are intermingled. It would be nice to have the ability to subsort columns after the initial sort. If you sort by category, then have ability to subsort by date. Even one level of extra sort would help, more than that might be confusing.
GreatLakes

Re: Sorting of task lists, event lists, etc

Postby mihal.v » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 am

+1
mihal.v

Postby VueSoft » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:41 am

Thank you for the suggestion. Actually, this capability is already available. Right-click the column header and select "Show Group By Box". If the box currently has a column, drag that column out and then drag a different column into the box. This will be the column used for the primary sort order. The rows will be grouped and sorted based on that column's value. You can change the sort order by clicking the column name in the Group By Box. To sort the rows within the groups based on a secondary column, click that column's name within one of the groups.

The link below explains this in more detail, under the "Grouping Rows" section:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... tlist.html

Please let me know if my explanation is unclear or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Thanks for the information Dan.

Your instructions and online help are very good. Sometimes it is difficult to know how to word something to pinpoint in help, but once I explain, your support always shows me where to find it. I do try help first, but at a certain point a question to support always answers the question.

In the ideal world maybe down the road you could compile all the answers to specific how to questions into the manual.

Keep up the good work Dan. Love VueMinder.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions