Detail pane, show all, hide categories, etc.

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Detail pane, show all, hide categories, etc.

Postby GreatLakes » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Dan,

In the detail pane, i would like to see the ability when showing all categories or hiding all categories for some visible note to indicate status. For example in other areas of your program when you select an option, a check box appears to the left to indicate that option is enabled. Or, change the wording, so if ishow all categories is selected, then the wording automatically changes to all categories shown. If you hide all categories, then change wording to all categories hidden.

In the same manner, if you hide selected categories, as each category is either selected or hidden, then you could add that to a sub list which shows only which categories are hidden or selected. I realize that I could just scan the detail pane to find the categories selected or hidden, but many time with task lists, events lists or calendars, it would be easier to flip back to the selected list to double check that the right categories have been enabled or disabled.
GreatLakes

Re: Detail pane, show all, hide categories, etc.

Postby VueSoft » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to my to-do list. The Details Pane won't be changed, but I can improve the Calendar Items area to better indicate the filtering status. I'll let you know when this improvement is finished. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions