Copy emails into VueMinder

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Copy emails into VueMinder

Postby brianvic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:41 am

Ok, I know I've mentioned this before, and I accept others thoughts on this, but I could still use this feature or something similar. I know that people have their own favourite email client, but what I would like to do would not supplant them it would compliment them.

I can't be the only one who would like to see all of the information for a particular client/event available in one place? I get bookings in via email and I then place these bookings in VueMinder along with the client details and any further tasks and notes. I can attach files if I wish and I know I could save the emails out, but as most of us know if there are too many steps we probably end up not doing it. The process needs to be easy and integrated.

I don't want to use VueMinder as an email client. I'm quite happy to continue using Google for that. But how about an IMAP window that shows my Google emails and allows me to select them and link them to a contact, event or task or all three? VM would copy those emails (to their own email 'type' page within VM or as an attachment? As eml? Or just as rich text HTML, but containing all the visible info from the email?) with the appropriate links set. It would, of course, be possible to reassign links as necessary or add them as required.

I'd like to be able to click on an event (perhaps opening in a new window) that shows linked contacts, tasks and any email correspondence and attachments. Everything relating to each item type should be visible when that item is selected (event, contact, task, email, attachments).

An event would then be able to display any emails relating to it along with all other relevant linked data such as contact and tasks.

Clicking on a contact would show all emails for that client and all events, tasks etc.

Clicking on an email would show the client details and any events it relates to. And so on. Hopefully you get the picture. VM would only need the ability to read the emails in order to copy them into VM. VM would not need any sophisticated link to any email system, just the ability to read it and copy the emails.

Maybe I am out on my lonesome with this idea, but I think it would be incredibly helpful to be able to link everything together and since email is often the link-pin for this stuff being able to tie it all up in one place would surely save a lot of time? I suspect there would be many uses for this that I haven't even thought of.

VueMinder is probably the best calendar/event application I have come across. I've looked at other PIMs that also handle emails, but they don't have anywhere near the flexibility of VM. They also don't allow the level of linking that VM offers, if at all. For me having some kind of email linking within VM would make it THE killer calendar app!

Brian
brianvic

Re: Copy emails into VueMinder

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi Brian, thank you for the suggestion and your feedback. I've added this to my list and will let you know if/when your suggestion is implemented. Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby brianvic » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:22 am

Hi Dan

It's been a couple of years since I asked this and I wondered if you have had any thoughts on integrating emails in some way with VueMinder? It's still the one thing that I feel is missing, the ability to have eveything stored within VueMinder so as to have all aspects of an event available in one place.

I know there are other calendar applications that offer this, but none of them are anywhere near as complete a calender application as VueMinder. So you'll be pleased to know that I have no plans on jumping ship!! :)

I pretty much use VueMinder as a booking system, which is working well for me, but it would be so handy to have every step of the booking process available in one place.

Cheers!

Brian
brianvic

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:14 am

Hi Brian, thank you for the feedback. There are currently no plans to turn VueMinder an email program. Its design focus has always been on providing a robust calendar/scheduling solution. I'm afraid that if I tried to make VueMinder a jack-of-all-trades, it would become too bloated and a lot of the design focus would be lost. However, I do hear what you're saying about it being nice to have all data in one place. I'll give it some thought.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions