Web page Output

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Web page Output

Postby Al Manson » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Love this program. I intend to use it to put our company calendar online for public reference. I'd like to have the option to disable any actions when clicking on an event on a web page. Many of our event titles already contain all necessary info. It would also be great to be able to change the fonts and font sizes used in the events and/or month/date/day fields. I may be missing something but no matter where I change the fonts and fontsizes, the web page output doesn't change (although the desktop version DOES). I'd like the option to not display the calendar name line in events details. We only use one calendar, and it's an extra line that the public doesn't need to read.
Al Manson

Re: Web page Output

Postby VueSoft » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi Al, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback.
I'd like to have the option to disable any actions when clicking on an event on a web page.

Thank you for the suggestion. You can turn off the event details side-pane, but this doesn't prevent opening an event by clicking it. I'll add an option to disable the ability to click events and will post a reply when this is completed.

It would also be great to be able to change the fonts and font sizes used in the events and/or month/date/day fields.

The generated web page does not use the same fonts/sizes that are shown on the screen. However, it's possible I could improve this. In the meantime, if you know CSS, you can tweak everything about the generated web page, including background pictures, font sizes, page size, etc. Please see the "Use Custom CSS" section of the documentation. It lists the style names that are used in the output. There's also a default CSS file in the VueMinder installation folder that you can use as a starting point.

I'd like the option to not display the calendar name line in events details.

This may become moot if I implement the option to completely suppress clicking event details. Or would you want both options?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Al Manson » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks for the quick reply again. I'm pretty new to web programming (just starting to do our company's website on my own) so I appreciate the patience and advice.

I'm going to start learning about CSS since it sounds like it's the answer to a lot of my questions.

As far as not displaying the Calendar Name in the event details, it would be a good option to have. I think it would look slicker on a website. I'm creating this calendar for public events and seeing the calendar listed looks a little more like it's intended for internal consumption.

Would it be possible to fill the empty pane on the right (where the event details appear) with a custom graphic and/or text. I'd imagine putting our logo and general info in there until a user clicks on an event, whereupon it would be replaced with the event details. As I get further into web programming, I may discover that this is something to be accomplished at my end, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Thanks again
Al Manson

Postby VueSoft » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Would it be possible to fill the empty pane on the right (where the event details appear) with a custom graphic and/or text. I'd imagine putting our logo and general info in there until a user clicks on an event, whereupon it would be replaced with the event details.

Yes, this is possible. However, until I add a field to specify the default frame content, you'll need to edit the generated HTML. It's pretty easy though, just 1 line needs to be changed. Add a "src" attribute to the details iframe. See the text in red below.

<div id="details_section">
<iframe name="details" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="400px" src="http://put_your_image_URL_here.png">...

Note, the iframe height is set to 400px by default. To avoid scrollbars, either use an image that has a height no larger than 400px, or increase the iframe height value.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:28 pm

The generated web page does not use the same fonts/sizes that are shown on the screen. However, it's possible I could improve this.

Version 2017.00 improves the generated web pages to match the font style and size shown in the main VueMinder window. Events will also be displayed with the same border color and background color you see in the main VueMinder window. The page linked below provides more information about this improvement:
http://www.vueminder.com/blog/post/what ... -web-pages

To update, click the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions