Global keyboard shortcut to create a new Event

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Global keyboard shortcut to create a new Event

Postby daniel347x » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Hello -

It would be very useful if it were possible to create a new event by hitting a user-definable global keyboard shortcut. (In other words, you could be working with some other application activated, with VueMinder not showing, but then be able to hit a keyboard shortcut and have a "New Event" window pop to the forefront.)

(This is one of a short list of suggestions for features that I have come to depend on in Calendarscope, which I am no longer using in favor of VueMinder, but which VueMinder seems to be lacking.)

Thanks,
Dan.
daniel347x

Re: Global keyboard shortcut to create a new Event

Postby VueSoft » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi Dan, thanks for the suggestion. I think this is a good idea and will let you know when this feature is available.

In the meantime, you can create a new event without VueMinder showing by right-clicking the VueMinder icon in the task tray and selecting the "New -> Event" command from the popup menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby puchua » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:28 am

Hi,

It's been seven months since this was answered, is this option already available? I haven't been able to do so. It would be extremely helpful.

I've been looking for some kind of shortcut within the application's folder because that way it's very easy to create a hotkey, but it seems there's not such thing. Also, I've been researching the Internet in order to find some windows protocol, like "mailto:", that would trigger the creation of new events. Also unsuccessful.

I really hope there's something we can do about this. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you very much, this is a brilliant application.
Will
puchua

Postby VueSoft » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi Will, welcome to the forums. I still have this on my list of planned improvements. I've been very busy adding other improvements and haven't had a chance to work on this one yet. I'll try to get it into the next version and will post a reply when it's ready.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby puchua » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:50 am

Hi,

No worries, I understand time is short and there are more important things to do.

Thanks for your reply and for your work at Vueminder Calendar. Best of its kind.

Ciao!
puchua

Postby puchua » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:03 am

I'm sorry this is completely off-topic. Whenever I double click on windows task bar, in order to show the application, it appears not maximized. That annoys me a bit, cause if I want to see it properly I have to maximize it myself every single time. Is there a way I can tell Vueminder Calendar to do so every time I open it?

Thank you very much in advance
puchua

Postby VueSoft » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi puchua, I believe this was fixed for version 10.0. A beta is available if you'd like to try it:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=908

Please let me know if the beta doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:02 am

It would be very useful if it were possible to create a new event by hitting a user-definable global keyboard shortcut.

This capability has been completed for the next version (10.0). The global hotkey can be defined using the "Hotkeys" command on the Options menu. A number of other useful hotkey shortcuts have also been added. If you'd like an early look, a beta is available and can be downloaded here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=908
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby daniel347x » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 am

Thanks!
daniel347x

Return to Suggestions