Keyboard Shortcuts

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Postby multinaturalist » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:23 am

Dan, I think my suggestion is the same as raythards last suggestion. Perhaps the hotkey that we've set up to show the VueMinder main program window could also be used to hide it. The same could be done if we set up a hotkey for the Desktop calendar. It could cycle between the larger Desktop calendar and the small Desktop calendar.
multinaturalist

Postby mihal.v » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:57 pm

In Calendar view it would be nice to use Ctrl+ArrowUP (Down) to move events (change time) with small step (5-10 minutes).
mihal.v

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:11 am

Hi mihal.v, thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to my to-do list.

FYI, the hotkeys for showing the main VueMinder window and desktop calendar have been improved for version 10.0 to toggle between showing and hiding, as requested previously in this thread. In addition, new global hotkeys have been added for creating new items, dismissing reminders, and searching. These improvements will be in the 10.0 beta 9.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:05 am

Dan, please add hot key to close all active balloon reminders.

Perhaps the hotkey that we've set up to show the VueMinder main program window could also be used to hide it. The same could be done if we set up a hotkey for the Desktop calendar. It could cycle between the larger Desktop calendar and the small Desktop calendar.

These capabilities have been completed for the next version (10.0). The global hotkeys can be defined using the "Hotkeys" command on the Options menu. A number of other useful hotkey shortcuts have also been added. If you'd like an early look, a beta is available and can be downloaded here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=908
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Previous

Return to Suggestions