Contacts - distribution lists

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Contacts - distribution lists

Postby mrbeanpa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:14 am

I've just started playing more with the contacts capabilities of VueMinder and have a request!

I have need to set up several distribution lists and several categories of contacts. When I build distribution lists I want to add several contacts from a single category to the list. As far as I can see there is no filter function to allow a single category to be selected when adding contacts to a distribution list. This means specific contacts can only be selected manually from the entire list of contacts. I have 2 suggestions:

1. Allow several contacts filtered by category in the contacts list to be dragged and dropped into defined distribution lists and/or

2. Allow the dialogue used to build distribution lists to filter by category, perhaps other fields as well.

Many thanks

Phil B
mrbeanpa

Re: Contacts - distribution lists

Postby VueSoft » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:29 am

Hi Phil, thanks for the suggestion. I've added this to my to-do list and will post a reply when this improvement is completed.

The distribution list editor will be improved to allow filtering/searching based on any of the contact values (category, company, job title, etc.). The list will be similar to the list shown when selecting a contact to link to an event, task, or note.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions