Moving calendar entries improvement suggestion

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Moving calendar entries improvement suggestion

Postby Jaffacaique » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:24 am

Hi Dan

I have a suggestion for improvement for you. On occaisions I have had to move an existing entry to a different time slot i.e. 15mins forward or backward. At present I have two ways of doing this, I either click and drag to the new postion or open entry itself and adjust the time. The problem at the moment is when you drag the entry it only seems to move in larger increments.

Suggestion: - I think Vueminder would be better if the movements could adjusted in smaller increments such as 5, 10 or 15minutes. Also when dragging, a small text window could open to show a live update of the start and finish time as it is being moved to it's new position. Doing this would further improve the flexibility of Vueminder and also the speed of making time changes especially if you have several to do.
Jaffacaique

Re: Moving calendar entries improvement suggestion

Postby VueSoft » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Jaffacaique, thank you for the suggestion. I assume you're moving the event in the Day or Week views. If that's the case, you can use the zoom button in the upper-right corner to change the time slot increments, which will in turn affect the increments when dragging an event.

Also, the Details pane should already automatically refresh as the event is dragged, showing the time the event will be scheduled if the mouse is released.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Moving calendar entries improvement suggestion

Postby Jaffacaique » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:21 am

Hi Dan

Thank you for info, zooming in makes it much quicker and simpler to make smaller increment changes.
Jaffacaique

Return to Suggestions