Find available times

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Find available times

Postby Irimi-Ai » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Dan,

First, let me say that I am really liking VueMinder. It's the best calendar program I've tried, and I've tried a lot in my line of work. I've been using it for about 2 weeks, and have decided I will definitely be buying it this week (I'm even trying to convert people in my office to using it). You should feel proud of this product.

I've reviewed some earlier posts but haven't had time to go through them all, so forgive me if this suggestion (1) has already been made, (2) if there is some reason why it isn't possible, or (3) if it already is a feature that I just haven't discovered yet.

I'd really like to have the ability to have the calendar find available appointment/meeting times. Perhaps a "Find available time" dialog box where the user could enter criteria such as length of appointment time needed, certain days of the week to consider, and on-going availability. For example, I could select that I want to identify a 1 hour block of time for an appointment, to only consider Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and to only show options that have on-going availability for a certain period of time. The end result might be something like a list of 1 hour blocks on Tuesdays/Wednesdays that are available for the next 3 months. This would help me schedule on-going appointments, since most of mine occur this way (i.e., every Monday at 3 for 60 minutes and for the next 3 months). Even better would be to be able to copy the result list so I can paste it into an email.

Hope this makes sense. It would be great to have such a feature. Thanks again for a great product.
Mike
Irimi-Ai

Re: Find available times

Postby VueSoft » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi Mike, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to my list of future improvements, and will post a reply when this feature is available.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions