Print options

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Print options

Postby ilovedctalk1 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:51 am

2 things...

1 - I would love to print my calendar so that all of my events appear. It would be great to have an autofit type of print so that it automatically prints to make sure all events are viewable. Or to be able to select to print only 3 weeks of the calendar so that I can manually make sure all of my events fit. I am a stay at home mom and I have a calendar for my meals, schooling, chores, family events etc. and sometimes life is crazy but I need to know it all - none of it is expendable.

2 - It would be really good if you could convert the google calendar to a vueminder calendar so that for people who live in the boonys like me who don't have the internet could still keep other peoples lives and our own accessable and manageable when it may be 3 weeks before my laptop reaches the internet. I may need to change an appt and can't. Just saying...it would be nice to download the entire year itinerary someone else created in google and make it completely flexible for my use without renewing to theirs when I get online...not sure if I made that make sense...just trust me there are times when you could use this...lol.

Thanks for your sweet product!
ilovedctalk1

Re: Print options

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi ilovedctalk1, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestions.

1. If you're having trouble getting all your events to fit in the Monthly print layout, there's a weekly layout that might work better for you. Also, if you're using the Pro version, you could also configure the Month tab in the main VueMinder window to show the dates you want to see (use the zoom in/out buttons if needed). Once you get it to show all the events, use the Print command and select the "Calendar View" layout style. This will print exactly what you see in the Month tab.

2. I'm not sure I fully understand the suggestion. There is a bug where VueMinder will complain at you if you're syncing with a Google Calendar but a connection isn't available. This has been fixed for the next version. The way it is designed to work, you'll still be able to see all the events in a Google Calendar while offline, without getting error messages. I'm not sure if the suggestion was a result of seeing those error messages, but the next version should (I think) do what you're asking. Please let me know if I've misunderstood.

Thanks again for the feedback, and please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby bookfan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:49 pm

My problem is with the week view #2, not enough space on the weekends, but I used calendar view layout to print. This worked, just not as nice as the week view option.

My request would be for some sort of alert or notation on the calendar that not all items fit. I would like to use the week view most of the time and only calendar view when necessary without having to check each day to make sure that it printed everything. Kind of scary to rely on the printed version not knowing if everything is there or not.
bookfan

Postby VueSoft » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi bookfan, thank you for the suggestion. When printing the Monthly layout, a downward-pointing triangle will be shown at the bottom of a date, if there are events that won't fit. I'll work on improving the Weekly print layout to do the same thing.

In the meantime, here are some tips for maximizing the number of events that will print when using Weekly Style 2:
- Click the Page Setup button and change the page orientation to Portrait.
- Also in the Page Setup, try decreasing the margin sizes.
- Uncheck the "Include date header" box in the print layout settings.

I hope that helps. Thanks again for the suggestion and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby bookfan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Your suggestions work great, Thanks!
bookfan

Postby VueSoft » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:31 pm

The next version (8.4.0) has been improved to show the "More items" indicator at the bottom of dates in the Week tab and Weekly print layout Style 2, if there are more items than space to fit.

If you'd like an early look, a beta is available here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=606

Thanks for the suggestion and please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions