suggestion

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

suggestion

Postby justinmeal » Fri May 08, 2009 5:55 am

as a suggestion... for me it would be very useful that vueminder would have a calendar layers panel looking like a folder tree, but with checkmarks on every part of each one of the calendars. This way we could hide/unhide each component of each calendar individually. Thanks for the great software...
justinmeal

Re: suggestion

Postby VueSoft » Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 am

Thank you for the suggestion. Could you clarify what you mean by 'hiding/unhiding each component of each calendar'? Do you mean each event that belongs to the calendar? Or are you referring to something else?

If you're referring to being able to hide events individually, there is a mechanism in place to allow this, although it's tied to event completion so maybe it's not quite what you're looking for. Under the View menu, you can choose to hide completed events. If there's an event you'd like to hide, you can mark it as completed. Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby justinmeal » Fri May 08, 2009 2:54 pm

i'l try to explain more of what i was thinking of... let's say i have one calendar called 'fitness' which has two parts 'program 1' and 'program 2' and one calendar called 'business' which has three parts 'company 1', 'company 2', 'company 3', and each company has 'marketing' and 'sales'... and so on... i could create eight calendars named 'fitness-program 1', 'fitness-program 2', 'business-company 1-marketing', 'business-company 1-sales','business-company 2-marketing','business-company 2-sales', ...... and so on... but it's really difficult when the number of calendars is larger... having the possibility to have a 'folder tree' like method of grouping calendars and hiding or showing them with a checkmark would be a lot easier.... thank you very much... i hope you will find this improvement worthing to be included in the software....
justinmeal

Postby VueSoft » Fri May 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I think what you're suggesting can be implemented. I've added it to a list of features for future incorporation. If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:45 am

Version 5.5.0 has been released. This version allows calendars to be grouped in the Calendar List. You can create new groups by right-clicking in the Calendar List and selecting the "New Group" command. Calendars can be dragged and dropped between groups. You can also drag-and-drop calendars within the same group to adjust their ordering. Groups have checkboxes, so if you want to display or hide all calendars assigned to a group, it only requires a single click.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions