Row Selection Indicator

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Row Selection Indicator

Postby dave-user » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:58 am

Hi Dan,

I like your product very much, but one aspect which I think could be improved is the display of the 'row selection indicator' (green triangle). In general, I think it would be clearer if the complete row was highlighted by a change to the background color, rather than just showing a faint dotted outline and a green triangle at the start of the row. I assume it is done like this because of the widespread use of item color coding in the application.

On the popup Reminder window, the Recent Reminders window, and the Calendar Items Calendar panel, I find the 'row selection indicator' (green triangle) particularly unclear, because it is positioned on top of a balloon or calendar icon. It looks a bit of a "kludge" and would look better if it appeared to the left of the balloon or calendar icon.

Regards, Dave
dave-user

Re: Row Selection Indicator

Postby VueSoft » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Dave, thanks for the suggestion. The next version has been improved to separate the selection triangle from the icon. The icon look-and-feel in the Calendar List has also been simplified to make it easier to tell which calendars are published, subscribed, shared, synced with Google Calendar or Outlook, etc. Here's a sneak peek:

The other lists have also been improved to separate the icons and selection indicators. I'll post a reply when the next version is available for download. Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you think of any other improvements you'd like.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Row Selection Indicator

Postby VueSoft » Tue May 03, 2011 1:02 am

The change described above will be in version 8.2.0. If you'd like an early look, a beta can be downloaded here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=518
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions