Desktop Calendar

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Desktop Calendar

Postby dave-user » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:09 am

I recently purchased VueMinder after evaluating quite a number of calendar programs. One of the key reasons I chose VueMinder is it's ability to display a Desktop Calendar.

Having used VueMinder in earnest for a few days, I have a few suggestions for improvements to the Desktop Calendar:
  • When the "Upcoming Events" pane is detached to become a floating window, it loses its opacity and gains a border. I can see this could be useful for some users, but for me it defeats the object of the Desktop Calendar. It would be nice to have an option for the floating window to retain its opacity and not have a border.
  • Although less important for me, the same argument applies to the "Navigation Pane" and "Tasks" pane.
  • In some situations, it would nice to display the "Upcoming Events" pane and "Navigation Pane" as floating windows (with opacity and without borders), but to have the main Desktop Calendar view hidden. Then, in the Desktop Calendar Mini view, you could have buttons along the bottom, each for displaying one of the panes. And logically, you might make the Desktop Calendar top toolbar into a separate floating toolbar.
  • When the Desktop Calendar is sized to be a fairly narrow display, and the top level toolbar overflows so that the Opacity slider moves onto a dropdown menu, then dragging the slider quite often brings up the "move" (four arrows) cursor and the Desktop Calendar rapidly disappears off screen.
dave-user

Re: Desktop Calendar

Postby VueSoft » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi Dave, thanks for the suggestions. I've updated the floating panes (Upcoming Events, Navigation Pane, and Tasks) to use the same transparency as the desktop calendar. I've also fixed the desktop calendar to not move when the opacity slider is being adjusted. These corrections will be in the next version.

Hiding the borders will be a little more challenging, but I'll see what I can do. I've also added your other suggestions to my to-do list and will let you know when these improvements are available.

Thanks again for the suggestions, and please let me know if you think of any other improvements you'd like.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop Calendar

Postby dave-user » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:41 am

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your quick and positive response.

Dave
dave-user

Return to Suggestions