Category and Location Groups

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Category and Location Groups

Postby gjbth » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:53 am

Good Morning Dan,

Is it possible to have Category and location groups, similar to the grouping system for calendars.

For example, say I have a range of suppliers and I have a calendar for expenses, I could have the name of each supplier setup as a category. All of these categories could then be grouped under one group say expense's.

Then If there could be some way of limiting the group of Categories available to that particular calendar, when an event is created. Maybe under Calendar properties/event defaults it would save scrolling through a long list.

The same could apply to locations. resticting certain locations to specific Calendars

Best Regards
gjbth

Re: Category and Location Groups

Postby VueSoft » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I've added these ideas to my to-do list, and will post a reply when these improvements are completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:14 pm

You are a true gentleman Dan, :D
gjbth

Postby GreatLakes » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:32 am

Long after this suggestion was posted, I discovered it when I set up different calendars. It seems that categories, locations, priorities are common to all categories. It would be nice to have separate categories, locations, etc. for each different calendar. It would make it more specific and less cluttered.

Keep up the good work Dan.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions