Netbook version

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Netbook version

Postby CruiseMaster » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 pm

I would like to see a Netbook version with dialog boxed adapted to the smaller size screen.

If not a separate version then could the dialog boxes (like the "New Contact" box) be made with a scroll bar along the side to easier access the bottom half of the dialog box?

I use my Netbook a lot more than any other computer because it is so small, lightweight and compact, but the screen size is very diferent from a laptop or desktop. I can work around the problem but it takes some keyboard acrobatics to do it.

Thanks
CruiseMaster

Re: Netbook version

Postby VueSoft » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi CruiseMaster, what screen resolution is your netbook using? Also, is text scaling set to the default of 100%? If your font scaling is higher, like 125% or 150%, this might prevent VueMinder's windows from fitting on a smaller screen. These settings can be found in the "Display" area of the Control Panel.

I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that most netbooks have a vertical resolution of at least 600 pixels. Is yours lower than this? I've tried to keep the height of all windows to 580 pixels or less. Are there any windows in particular that don't fit properly on your screen?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Netbook version

Postby CruiseMaster » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Wow!

Thanks Dan. That has made a major diference in a lot of my programs. Everything is a bit smaller but I can srtill read it. I have no idea how that got changed but it must have been a long time ago. Thanks again.

Stan
CruiseMaster

Return to Suggestions