Cut schedule to clipboard for pasting to MS Word documents

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Cut schedule to clipboard for pasting to MS Word documents

Postby Sunjhi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:32 pm

I would like the ability to select a daily (or more) schedule and paste it into an email or MS Word document. I have clients that need to know my schedule for service calls, but do not need to see other appointments I have scheduled. I would rather not publish my full schedule of appointments for them. I'd like the ability to cut directly from the calendar and paste into a word document.
Sunjhi

Re: Cut schedule to clipboard for pasting to MS Word documen

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Sunjhi, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestion. Currently, you can sort of do this by clicking an event to make its information appear in the Details pane. Next, move the cursor over the details pane so the buttons at the bottom of the details pane appear. There are buttons for copying the event information as formatted or plain text, which can be pasted into Word.

Unfortunately, you'll have to repeat this for each event, since only one event can be displayed in the Details pane. I'll improve this by adding a right-click "Copy as Text" menu option, which will work when multiple events are selected. I'll post a response when this feature is available.

Also, another option would be to use the Memo or List print layout styles in the Pro version. On the Print Preview window's toolbar there's a "Snapshot" button. Click the button and drag a rectangle to capture the schedule as a picture. This can then be pasted into Word. Or you could always just print it directly. The date range field in the Print window allows you to select which dates should be included in the printout.

I hope that helps. Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions