Minimize/Maximize on Today's Date

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Minimize/Maximize on Today's Date

Postby MB1711 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:09 pm

I have a feature request.

Here are the various ways we launch VueMinder.

1. VueMinder is not currently running in the system tray. We click on the desktop shortcut icon and VueMinder opens and the focus is on Todays Date. This works perfectly, exactly like it is supposed to.

2. We already have VueMinder loaded and minimized to the system tray. If we click on VueMinder in the taskbar it will open up to the last place on the calendar where we left it. This is where I would like to see a change/option made. I would like to see a “setting/option” that says to force the calendar to always maximize and focus on Today’s Date.

3. This is the REAL reason for this e-mail. The last way we “launch” VueMinder is a combination of 1 & 2. We normally always have VueMinder launched and minimized to the system tray. We leave or computers on 24/7. We have the Windows Task Scheduler setup to launch VueMinder at 5:30AM every morning. This done by telling Task Scheduler to RUN the program from its installed location.

This works like it is supposed to. VueMinder is smart enough to know that it is already running so instead of opening up another instance of the calendar it just maximizes the current running instance. This is what it should do.

However, if you had the option to “Always MAXIMIZE to Today’s Date” then, when we come in to the office in the morning, the calendar would be displayed on our desktop focused on Today’s Date.

That’s my request.

My original thought was to have a COMMAND LINE option that would tell VueMinder to focus on Today’s Date if it was already open and called by clicking on the desktop shortcut or launched by Task Scheduler. However, having an option inside the program to do this would accomplish the same goal. You can decide the best way to implement this if you feel like this is something you think might be beneficial.

Again, thanks for listening.
MB1711

Re: Minimize/Maximize on Today's Date

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ve added this to my to-do list and will let you know when this feature is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions