Additional Private Data Location

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Additional Private Data Location

Postby Dimension » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Add an Additional Private Data Location (Options-Program) for those of us who have pro and portable versions so that data is automatically stored on the local machine and the USB memory stick.

PS: Or maybe a write button somewhere so that the Memory stick doesn't get overworked.
Dimension

Re: Additional Private Data Location

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:12 am

Hi Dimension, thank you for the suggestion. I'll need to think about the best way to implement this. There could be problems if the data is also saved to the USB stick, you take the USB stick to another computer and make changes to its data, and then later return to the original computer and re-insert the USB stick. The Pro version shouldn't overwrite that new data.

Basically, I think there needs to be some more convenient way of keeping the Pro and Portable versions in sync. I'll give this some thought and will let you know what I come up with.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Additional Private Data Location

Postby VueSoft » Wed May 25, 2011 11:33 pm

Version 8.2 has been released. This version makes it easier to sync data between the Pro and Portable versions by adding a "Transfer Data" button to the toolbar. More information can be found here (scroll down to the "Transfer Data to VueMinder Portable" section):
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?mact ... eturnid=61
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions