Several suggestions/issues

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Several suggestions/issues

Postby fireflyer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 am

I have been using VueMinder for several months now and am finding it very useful.

I have the 'Run at Windows startup' option checked along with 'Minimize to task tray when Windows starts'. I also have 'Minimize to system tray when VueMinder Calendar window is closed' selected. I have noticed that the program starts up just fine when windows starts, with the desktop calendar displaying but the main window has been hidden. However, if i use the Alt-Tab feature of Windows, the main VueMinder window is still shown as one of the windows in the list. I can select the main window this way, then close it again and it will minimize to the tray and disappear from the Alt-Tab list as it should have done initially.

In addition to being in the Alt-Tab list at startup, once I do close the window (to the tray), the pop-up message about VueMinder running in the background and it being minimized to the tray shows up. This happens every time. After several months of use, I know this. I would like to be able to turn off that message.

I also have a few feature requests for consideration.

I use the task list extensively for reminding me to do all the little things than need done. The bold red overdue task list in the desktop window jumps out and says "You missed something, take care of it now!!". I like that. It would be nice, however, to have today's due tasks also jump out. I want to be reminded to do them today before they are overdue, not tomorrow when they are already overdue. Something like highlighting any tasks due today in the upcoming task list would do the job.

A similar request would be to somehow highlight today's events in the Upcoming Events list of the desktop window. Again something simple like highlighting the date if it is today would make it that much easier to not miss something happening today.

VueMinder is already a great program, and I will keep using it even without any further changes. A few modifications would only make it that much better.
fireflyer

Re: Several suggestions/issues

Postby VueSoft » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi fireflyer, thank you for the feedback and welcome to the forums.

However, if i use the Alt-Tab feature of Windows, the main VueMinder window is still shown as one of the windows in the list.

Which version of Windows are you using? I've added this to my problem list and will see if I can find what is causing it.

In addition to being in the Alt-Tab list at startup, once I do close the window (to the tray), the pop-up message about VueMinder running in the background and it being minimized to the tray shows up. This happens every time. After several months of use, I know this. I would like to be able to turn off that message.

An option is being added to the next version to allow this message to be disabled.

It would be nice, however, to have today's due tasks also jump out. I want to be reminded to do them today before they are overdue, not tomorrow when they are already overdue. Something like highlighting any tasks due today in the upcoming task list would do the job.

A similar request would be to somehow highlight today's events in the Upcoming Events list of the desktop window. Again something simple like highlighting the date if it is today would make it that much easier to not miss something happening today.

Thank you for the suggestions. I agree these would be nice improvements and will let you know when they are available.

VueMinder is already a great program, and I will keep using it even without any further changes. A few modifications would only make it that much better.

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby fireflyer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:24 am

Thank you, Dan, for the quick reply.

I have VueMinder installed on two computers at home, and I see the Alt-Tab issue on both. Both systems are running Windows 7 Home Premium.
fireflyer

Postby VueSoft » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:24 pm

The alt-tab problem has been corrected for the next version. Also, the popup balloon shown after minimizing has been improved so clicking the balloon will prevent it from appearing again.

I'll post another message when the pre-release beta is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:29 am

A new beta is available containing the improvements mentioned above. It can be downloaded here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=373
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions