Send Backup Via Email

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Send Backup Via Email

Postby Jaffacaique » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi Dan

Not sure if this is possible or worth adding :?:
Another option that may be worth adding into the save menu would be an automatic feature that triggers your email program to open and include an attachment of your most recent backup file. This could be used as a safety precaution in case you lose your memory stick.

If Vueminder would allow the user to enter several preset contacts under the main program setup options, the email could include the recipients names already entered.

Thanks
Jaffacaique
Jaffacaique

Re: Portable Vueminder Pro

Postby VueSoft » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Jaffacaique, thank you for the suggestions.

Another option that may be worth adding into the save menu would be an automatic feature that triggers your email program to open and include an attachment of your most recent backup file.

I'm not sure about adding an option to automatically send the backup via email. Sometimes the backup file could be too large to email, or would gobble up your bandwidth while being sent. Also, email isn't the most secure thing, so if the data is sensitive someone might not want it to be automatically emailed.

Currently, the "Backup" button on the Backup Data window allows a manual backup to be saved to a file. I could expand this button with an option to send the backup via email. This might also help people that want to transfer data to a new computer and don't have a USB stick handy. I've added this to my list and will let you know when it has been completed.

If Vueminder would allow the user to enter several preset contacts under the main program setup options, the email could include the recipients names already entered.

I believe this is a separate suggestion and not tied to the backup via email idea. If I understand what you're asking, this is already provided. In the Calendar Properties window, go to the Event Defaults tab and configure a default email reminder. The recipients you add to the default reminder will be automatically included when creating any new events belonging to the associated calendar. Is that what you're looking for?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions