Event, task & note windows not modal

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Re: Event, task & note windows not modal

Postby gjbth » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:20 pm

The new additions in beta3 are great timesavers Dan, Thank you. :D

One small thing though, when I am entering multiple events I don't always enter them in chronological order.

Today i entered an event for 9th November, then clicked 'save and new event' I then entered an event for 3rd November. The event creation Dialog shows a Start time 03/11/2010 and a End time of 10/11/2010 although the event is entered as expected with the same start and end date of 03/11/2010. It seems the End Time field is not resetting correctly.

Best Regards
gjbth

Re: Event, task & note windows not modal

Postby VueSoft » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:27 am

I believe this is also how it worked before the "Add and New" button was added, and is unrelated to that new feature. If you select a starting date that is earlier than the ending date, the ending date won't automatically move. You might actually want to define the event as being a week long, and the program doesn't try to guess your intent.

In this case, I believe what you could have done is enter the ending date first. This would cause the starting date to automatically move as well. This workaround is only needed when adjusting the date to be before the currently specified date.

I hope that helps. If I've misunderstood, or if entering the ending date first when moving the event to a previous date doesn't work like you're expecting, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Previous

Return to Suggestions