Address Book

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Address Book

Postby rjm01 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Would it be possible to develop a printable address book that would print all the contact's information so that we can print a list and leave it by the phone or carry it in our briefcase so we do not need to use the computer to look up an address when we don't have the computer?

Thanks
rjm01

Re: Address Book

Postby VueSoft » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. Actually, this is already possible, although maybe not in the address book format you're envisioning.

To do this, switch to the "Contacts" tab in the List view. If you want to customize the data that is shown in the printout, right-click the column header and place checkmarks next to the data columns you want included. There are a number to choose from, but the more columns you make visible, the smaller the text will be in the printout. You might also need to adjust the column widths so text text won't be clipped. Hint: you can auto-size a column by double-clicking its left or right edge in the column header.

Next, command "Print Preview" from the File menu or toolbar. To make the text fit better, click the "Page Setup" button and select "Landscape" as the orientation. You can also adjust the margin sizes, if needed. When finished, click the Print button to print your contact list.

Is that what you're looking for, or did you have something different in mind?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby rjm01 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:55 pm

I was hoping to print the information in business card format so the type is not so small.
rjm01

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Thank you for the clarification. I've added this idea to my list of future improvements.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby rjm01 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Would it be possible to synchronize outlook addresses as well?
rjm01

Postby VueSoft » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:16 pm

I'm planning on adding support for syncing contacts with Outlook. Currently, you can import/export contacts, but it's not automatic.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions