All Day Event Sort

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

All Day Event Sort

Postby Karen » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:13 pm

I am still hoping that someday I can sort my all-day events, or at least group them by calendar.
Karen

Re: All Day Event Sort

Postby VueSoft » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi Karen, thanks for the reminder. This is still on my to-do list. Actually, I learned a lot more about arranging events in the Month view when I implemented the word-wrap improvement. All-day events are still arranged in the order they were created, but I know how to add a basic ability to move them up or down in the list. I have a design for doing this, but haven't implemented it yet. I'll try to get this completed soon.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby PeterW » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:49 pm

I find it very helpful to have my All Day Events in a chosen sort order in the Month view in VueMinder Pro.
I'm currently doing a workaround by cutting and pasting or moving to another day and back again which is very slow and not always successful.
The old Calendar Creator in its various iterations used to do it by sorting by the priority the user allocated, but moving up and down by whatever means would be greatly appreciated.
Is there any likelihood of having the ability to move events up and down within a day in the near future?
PeterW

Postby VueSoft » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi PeterW, thanks for the feedback. I still have this on my list of planned improvements. I'm not sure when it will be completed, but I'll keep you posted.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby pjbPaul » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:29 pm

I agree with PeterW. I used the old version of Calendar Creator for years. Having the advantage of using their PRIORITY feature to move events up or down was a very nice feature. I thought with vueminder, when you set a priority (high, medium, etc) that that would arrange the events in the order you wanted them (similar to calendar creators priority settings), but soon found out, that was not the case. I too, have managed by cutting, copying, and pasting, to move events up or down. In ANY event, vueminder really does the job for setting up my floating shift.
pjbPaul

Return to Suggestions