Tweaks

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Tweaks

Postby CassiusAugusta » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:59 pm

I really love your product and will be purchasing shortly. Thank you for all of your work!

A few tweaks:
Show calendar mode the list view of events doesn't expand with larger font size. So it cuts off the bottom of the text. I am NOT seeing this issue in the desktop calendar mode.

List/event view in the show calendar are not sorted by date (like the desktop calendar). It would be nice to have it be similar.

Desktop calendar has the ability to only view by week and month. I'd love to see the same capability that the show calendar does with days (only view X number days). I'm sure people would also like to see the timeline/ year capabilities as well.

Desktop mode should have a maximize option, in addition to the move/resize mode.
CassiusAugusta

Re: Tweaks

Postby VueSoft » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Hi CassiusAugusta, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestions.

Show calendar mode the list view of events doesn't expand with larger font size. So it cuts off the bottom of the text.

I've corrected this for the next version. The rows will automatically adjust their height so text won't be clipped if the font is large.

List/event view in the show calendar are not sorted by date (like the desktop calendar). It would be nice to have it be similar.

It's possible you have a different column set to be used for sorting. To sort by date, click the "Start" column's header name. Click again to toggle ascending or descending order. You do this for most columns, in case you need to change how the list is sorted. There's also a lot of other advanced stuff the List View can do, such as filtering, grouping, and exporting to Excel. You can learn more about the List View here.

Desktop calendar has the ability to only view by week and month. I'd love to see the same capability that the show calendar does with days (only view X number days). I'm sure people would also like to see the timeline/ year capabilities as well.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll consider adding these additional tabs, or at least making it an option for people that want more view types available in the desktop calendar.

Desktop mode should have a maximize option, in addition to the move/resize mode.

The problem with this is that it would make the desktop calendar take up the full screen. Any shortcuts on the desktop would be "below" the desktop calendar and not clickable. However, I'll add this to my list of possible improvements. Maybe I could show a message or something the first time the desktop calendar is maximized, explaining that it will prevent desktop shortcuts from being reachable and giving the option to undo maximizing the desktop calendar.

Thanks again for the suggestions, and please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Tweaks

Postby VueSoft » Wed May 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Version 8.2 has been released. This version addresses most the suggestions above, including the ability to switch the desktop calendar to full-screen (maximized) mode. Thanks again for the suggestions!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions