email

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

email

Postby oldfart » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:51 am

Just a thought,about when adding a contact's details and their email address, would it be possible to be able to set vueminder to send a standard or personal email (to be filled in at time of entering info) to the person for their birthday or special event, just thinking as even though I was reminded I forgot (oldtimers) LOL I said to my self bugger should have done that then, and that was when I thought it would be good for me at least if I could have set it when I was putting the contact details in and reminder of the event, hope something like this wouldn't be to much trouble and worth thinking about.
Thanks for a great program that works better than I do.
Regards
Owen Holm
oldfart464@bigpond.com
oldfart

Re: email

Postby VueSoft » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi oldfart, yes it's possible to do this. Here's how:

1. In the Contact Editor window, after entering the person's birth date, click the "Add Birthday to Calendar" button at the top of the window (it looks like a birthday present).

2. A new event will be created, with most of the information filled in.

3. Click the "Action" tab and enable the "Send an email reminder" action.

4. Define how far in advance you want the reminder to be sent, such as "2 days".

5. Check the box labeled "Send only the event description", so the email won't look like a typical "reminder" email.

6. On the Recipients tab, select the contact as one of the additional recipients. You can uncheck yourself, unless you also want to see the email.

7. Switch to the "Description" tab and enter whatever text you'd like the person to see in their birhday email. The entire email will consist of this text, so you can format it like a regular email message. The person receiving the email will have no indication that it was automatically generated. ;)
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions