Double reminders. Option to not show reminder in Vueminder

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Double reminders. Option to not show reminder in Vueminder

Postby henrik_pedersen » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi
First of all thanks for a great calendar software. Just what i have been looking for. I have a problem though.
I currently use 2 different applications for my daily planning etc. and it is Achieve Planner which is my main application for working with my projects, tasks, calendar appointments etc. but due to an limitation in AP (no month, year, list, timeline etc. views) i am now using Vueminder for the month, year, list, timeline views and it works great and fills my purpose. To make this all work i sync both applications to Outlook.
Here is my problem. I get double reminder forms (pop up reminders) every time i schedule an appointment and there is no way around this (currently). I have tried tweaking all of the settings in both AP and Vueminder but this cannot be configured to work in a good way as it is right now. My suggestion is that you add an option in Vueminder that lets the user choose not to have the reminders shown to him (they should still be "active" but just not shown i.e. the pop up reminder should pop up in AP but not in Vueminder).
Thanks again and i hope it is possible to add this extra option.
Regards / Henrik
henrik_pedersen

Re: Double reminders. Option to not show reminder in Vuemind

Postby VueSoft » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi Henrik, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. There is an option in VueMinder to not include Outlook reminders when syncing. To adjust this option, right-click the name of the calendar you're syncing with Outlook and then click the "Outlook" tab in the Calendar Properties window. If the box "Include reminders" is checked, uncheck it. Next, go to the "Event Defaults" tab and uncheck any default reminder actions that were enabled, since those will be applied to new events after syncing, if the option to sync reminders is not enabled.

I think that should prevent the reminders from being enabled in VueMinder after syncing. If that doesn't fix it, or if you have any other questions/suggestions, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby henrik_pedersen » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi Dan
Thanks for your quick reply. Regarding the "Include reminders" option, i have tried that and you are right that the reminder do not get synced BUT then i have another problem. I use the reminders for a lot of my appointments etc. and if i disable the reminder sync like this all appointements etc. i create in Vueminder with reminders are not shown at all in my main application (and not on my Iphone whick i also use for appointments, reminders etc.).
The solution would be an option where i in the Outlook sync options could choose not to display the reminder at all (it should still be active so that i can see it in my main application and on my Iphone). Outlook actually has this option (Tools > Options > Other > Advanced > Reminder options > "Show reminder") and the reminder is still on all events and appointments and this option only regulates which application shows the actual reminder.
Thanks again.
Henrik.
henrik_pedersen

Postby VueSoft » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to my to-do list, and will let you know when this additional sync option is available. It won't be in the next release (7.4.0) because that version is in final testing and close to being released. I'll see if I can get this into the following release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby henrik_pedersen » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi again.

Great, thanks!!

Henrik
henrik_pedersen

Return to Suggestions