Event and Task defaults

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Event and Task defaults

Postby appyface » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi Dan,

I really like the ability to customize what the default event flavors and default task will look like, when presented for a create. I'd like to request a few additional fields be configurable? In particular the time fields on the different events and the tasks. These fields don't appear to be saved, I'd prefer to configure mine if possible.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,
--appyface
appyface

Re: Event and Task defaults

Postby VueSoft » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi appyface, the default task settings can be configured by double-clicking the "Tasks" item in the calendar list. To define task defaults, click the "Task Defaults" tab. You can't specify a default date/time, but you can specify a default duration, repeat pattern, and reminder(s). Similarly, event defaults can be configured for each calendar by double-clicking the calendar in the list, and then switching to the Event Defaults tab in the Calendar Properties window.

Is that what you're looking for?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby appyface » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi Dan,

Sorry no that isn't what I was asking. I am interested in the time fields -- most specifically, the start time field on Tasks. But I would use configurable start/end or start/duration (essentially the same thing) on events if that were available.

Kind regards,
--appyface
appyface

Postby VueSoft » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Thank you for the clarification. I've added this suggestion to my list. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:46 am

The next version (7.5.0) has been improved to allow default event and task starting times to be specified. A beta of the Pro version is available, if you'd like an early look.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions