Pictures

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Pictures

Postby Kjeldc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:11 am

Suggestion: Pictures ads to event as thumbnails, with a possibillity of clicking on it, to open in standard pictureviewer.
Kjeldc

Re: Pictures

Postby VueSoft » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, KJeldc. I've managed to slide this into 7.3.0 right before the deadline (it will be released within the next 24 hours, pending one final round of testing).

A new button has been added to the toolbar in the text editor used in the event, task, and note windows. Clicking this button will show a menu allowing insertion of a thumbnail. The size of the thumbnail can range from "tiny" (64 pixels) to "large" (512 pixels). Here's what the menu looks like:

After selecting a thumbnail size, the standard file browser will be shown, filtered for image types. Supported image type extensions are bmp, gif, jpg/jpeg, jpe, jfif, png, tif/tiff, and tga. Here's how it looks after inserting a medium sized thumbnail:

The thumbnail can be clicked in the editor to open it, but you'll have to hold the Ctrl key while clicking (otherwise it gets selected, so you can delete, cut, copy, etc). When the image is shown in the details pane, or popup reminder window, it can be clicked like you would click any other link. It will open full-size in your default image viewer or editor.

Thanks again for the suggestion, and I hope you'll enjoy this new feature!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Kjeldc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:41 am

You are just the best. 1 day after a suggestion it is implemented. I think I will call you Santa :D
Kjeldc

Postby gjbth » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:27 pm

I know it's way too late for the next release, or maybe not even possible, but this feature would be really useful if it could also display PDF thumbnails and maybe DOC.

Best Regards and looking forward to the official 7.3 release

gjbth
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks for the suggestion gjbth. What are you envisioning for the PDF or DOC thumbnails? An icon that can be clicked, instead of a file link? Or are you thinking of maybe the thumbnail showing the first page of the document? The former would be pretty easy to incorporate, but the latter would be more challenging.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:02 am

Unfortunately, I was thinking of the more challenging option, that is a thumbnail showing the first page of the document.

I have Directory Opus setup on my system as my file manager, and it along with Windows explorer and a few other programs display the thumbnails for PDF, DOC , DWG and many other formats, but they link to third party viewer dll's to work this magic.

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I've added this to my list.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions