Dynamic update of filters in list view

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Dynamic update of filters in list view

Postby gjbth » Sun May 16, 2010 3:21 am

Hello Dan, First of all thanks for the new 7.1 version. :D

Would it be possible to have the filters updated dynamically in the list view. i.e if I have event list view open and say I have a filter set so that only items in calendar 'installations not invoiced' are shown. I then click on an item and assign it to calendar 'Installations invoiced'. Could the view change so that this item is then not shown as it no longer belongs to the calendar in the filter.

I believe this feature was present in a previous version in the 6 series.

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Re: Dynamic update of filters in list view

Postby VueSoft » Sun May 16, 2010 8:23 am

Yes, it should be possible to do this. I believe some other changes that were made to make the program run faster may have accidentally caused dynamic refreshing of the List View to no longer work in certain cases, like the one you describe. I'll fix this for the next release. Thanks for letting me know!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:16 am

Dan, the Dynamic update of events has become broken again in version 8.2.1. :(

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Postby gjbth » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:21 am

After more testing, I have found the problem relates to the menu brought up when 'right clicking' on an event.

If I have a filter set up, so that only one calendar shows in the event view. Then if I right click on an event and use the 'assign to calendar' command to assign that event to another calendar, the event colour changes to the other calendars scheme but the event remains displayed as it has not been reassigned.

Then if I switch back to week view, the events colours are incorrect. If I right click an event in the week view and use 'Assign to Calendar' to change and event to another calendar, again it does not change.

Best Regards
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks for letting me know about the problem. It appears the right-click "Assign to Calendar" command isn't working properly, regardless of whether the Event list is being used or if filters are applied.

This bug has been fixed for the next version. In the meantime, the workaround would be to open the Event Editor and use the "Calendar" field to change the event's calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:21 pm

The problem has been fixed for the next version (8.3.0). A beta is available, if you're interested in an early look:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=577
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions