Keboard-shortcut for desktop-calendar

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Keboard-shortcut for desktop-calendar

Postby landers » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:22 pm

hi,

a keboard-shortcut to open the for desktop-calendar and/or a direct click, without necessity of opening the main window or right-clicking the taskbar would make the next version to the BEST calendar ever !!! :)

thanks a lot.....
landers

Re: Keboard-shortcut for desktop-calendar

Postby VueSoft » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. Have you tried the "Show Desktop" command on the Windows taskbar, or using the Win+D keyboard shortcut? Depending on your keyboard, this is the key between Ctrl and Alt, with the Windows logo on it. It's sometimes labeled "Start". Note, in Windows 7 this will also minimize the Desktop Calendar, but in Vista and XP it will minimize all windows and allow the desktop calendar to be seen. There's a workaround under Windows 7, where you right-click the task tray icon and toggle the 'Show Desktop Calendar' command, but I agree that's kind of a pain.

If I understand the suggestion, are you looking for some type of global hotkey which would minimize all open windows except for the desktop calendar? I think that would be really slick, but I'm not sure if Windows will allow one program (VueMinder) to minimize other programs. I'll look into it though, to see if I can find a way.

Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you think of any others.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby landers » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:18 am

hi,

thx for the fast reply. sorry, i think my request was not clear enough.
what i meant was a shortcut to open (and maybe also close) this nice semitransparent vueminder "Desktop Calendar" without the less comfortable way of right-clicking the vueminder-task-tray-icon and clicking "Desktop-Calendar".

it would be very comfortable to boot up windows and then (if you wnat to see it) just hit a shortcut and see the good-looking "Desktop-Calendar". Your already offer this option for the normal "View Calendar" by hitting ctrl+shift+V.

it would be great, thanks,
landers
landers

Postby VueSoft » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, this is certainly something that could be added. I'll include this to my list of improvements to make. Thanks for the suggestion.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Fri May 14, 2010 5:19 pm

This feature has been added to version 7.1.0. A keyboard shortcut to display the Desktop Calendar can be assigned in the Program Options window. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions