Search using "OR" or ANY

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Search using "OR" or ANY

Postby chota300 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:57 am

The present search function seems to "AND" all text words.
I would like to search for text1 OR text2 OR text3, or ANY text1, text2, text3, etc.
Not a high priority because I can do multiple text searches, and I can carefully choose my original texts.
Thank you.

Re: Search using "OR" or ANY

Postby VueSoft » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi chota300, thank you for the feedback. The search window doesn't provide the ability to AND or OR search words, but this can be done using the custom filtering feature.

1. Click the filter button on the column of interest (on the Events, Tasks, Notes, or Contacts tab). The filter button looks like a funnel.
2. Select "Text Filters -> Custom Filter".
3. Select an operator, such as "Contains" and enter the desired text as the operand.
4. Click "Add a condition" and repeat step 3. Do this for as many search conditions you'd like.
5. By default, the conditions will be AND'd. To OR the conditions, click the "Or conditions" option.
6. Click OK when finished. The list will refresh to show only the items that satisfy the custom filter conditions, within the date range specified at the top of the list.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions