Linked items report

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Linked items report

Postby fox22cz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Good afternoon,

I am new to your product and thus far I am really loving it. It has the enhancements that I was looking for that google calendar did not have. One feature that I would be interested in seeing (maybe a tab after Contacts) is the ability to all linked items grouped together and have a total time worked on that event.

For example, I create an event for a service call. I am there on site for an hour but have to return with specific parts that I have a to order when I get back in the office. So I create a task to order the part and link it to the original event (using the nifty custom fields tab I can track the PO). When the product arrives, i create another task and link it to the original task, then I go back on-site to install/replace the equipment. So in a week when I am back at my computer doing invoicing, I would like to have the option of seeing all three linked events with a total of hours so i can easily invoice for the work.

Does that make sense? Thanks, Matt
fox22cz

Re: Linked items report

Postby VueSoft » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi Matt, welcome to the forums. In your example, I'd recommend also linking the event and both tasks to the "contact" that you're doing the work for. When it comes time to invoice, open the contact and you'll see the event and both tasks on the "Links" tab, since the contact is the common thread between all 3 items. Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions