Contact grouping

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Contact grouping

Postby riftforce » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:19 am

A nice feature would be able to group your contacts into different groups / categories. I have three different calendars I use for business, home and clubs. All my contacts are jumbled together. I would like to be able to set my contacts to different groups (user definable) and possibly send out the calendar to multiple e-mail recipients based on group. Example: My business calendar goes out to all contacts with the "employee" category. Useful especially when your contact list can get over 50 or 100+.
riftforce

Re: Contact grouping

Postby VueSoft » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi riftforce, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestion. This feature will be in the next release, version 7.0.0. A full featured contact editor is being added, with the ability to specify the contact's group (or category). There will also be an ability to define distribution lists. Either (or both) of these will be usable in the email reminder settings area of the Event Editor window. In other words, you'll be able to send email reminders to all contacts assigned to a certain category and/or all contacts assigned to a distribution list. There will also be the flexibility of selecting multiple categories and/or distribution lists. And, of course, the current ability to specify individual recipients will also be preserved.

I've attached some preview screenshots below. These features are currently being tested. A beta should be available in a few weeks, with an official release coming after beta testing has been completed.

Contact Editor.png
The Contact Editor will have a "Group" field, which can be used when specifying email/SMS reminder recipients.
Contact Editor.png (66.32 KiB) Viewed 1247 times

Email Reminder Settings.png
The Email and Text Message reminder settings are being enhanced to allow any combination of individual recipient(s), distributions list(s), and contact groups/categories.
Email Reminder Settings.png (61.46 KiB) Viewed 1247 times

Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you think of anything else you'd like added.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions