Link custom fields with a category and define column sets

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Link custom fields with a category and define column sets

Postby JimS » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:23 pm

Having used VueMinder for a while, it seems like the ability to do a couple of things would be handy.

One would be the ability to link custom fields with a category. Only when that category is applied would the associated custom fields appear in the editor window.

Another would be the ability to define a set of columns along with their order and quickly apply it to a list.

I don't know if anyone else would find those things useful.
JimS

Re: Link custom fields with a category and define column set

Postby VueSoft » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:14 pm

Hi JimS, thank you for the suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Bulgakov » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi there,

I've been looking at VueMinder as a possible solution for my business, and have been doing a bit of exploring to see if it would really fulfil my needs. In fact the functionality that JimS suggests is precisely what I would need to manage my contacts and events. I work in the music industry and deal with many different categories of contacts - music artists, festivals, venues etc. For a festival (i.e. an organisation, not a person), for example, it would be necessary to know in what period of the year it normally takes place, so a field for this information would be very useful. If I had a project I was selling and its touring period was August, I would want to filter and view the promoters and festivals that took place in August so that I could target them directly. Fields I would need for a venue would be things like audience capacity, or a Y/N option if they promote events themselves or are only for hire, etc. For music artists: what instrument they play.

Is there any developing functionality along these lines since JimS posted?
Bulgakov

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi Bulgakov, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. This suggestion is still on my to-do list. I'll give it a higher priority and I'll post a reply when it's completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions