Suggestion for a task's completion date and time

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Suggestion for a task's completion date and time

Postby JimS » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:56 pm

I'm new to using VueMinder, and I have to say I'm really impressed with everything it can do.

But I have a couple of suggestions.

Presently, when a task is marked as completed, the completion date and time are set to the date and time the task is marked as completed. That's probably good as a default. But would it be possible to add fields so the user can set the completion date and time manually?

Here's why I'm asking: I sometimes need to file documents at the courthouse. I'd like to be able to have the task's completion date and time reflect the actual date and time of the filing and not the date and time I get around to marking it as completed in the program. I could add custom fields, but then there'd be multiple dates and times for the task's completion.

In addition to that, I'd second the request that was made late last year for a summation row in the event and task lists. I think that would be really handy.

Anyway, thanks for writing a good program and continuing to develop it. Anymore it looks like all the similar software is cloud-based. I like being able to install VueMinder locally.

Jim S
JimS

Re: Suggestion for a task's completion date and time

Postby GreatLakes » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:53 pm

I would find this useful as well.
GreatLakes

Re: Suggestion for a task's completion date and time

Postby VueSoft » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi Jim, thanks for the feedback.

I'd like to be able to have the task's completion date and time reflect the actual date and time of the filing and not the date and time I get around to marking it as completed in the program.

I've added this to my to-do list.

In addition to that, I'd second the request that was made late last year for a summation row in the event and task lists. I think that would be really handy.

I still have this on my list of planned improvements.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'll post a reply when these improvements are available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions