Start-up display

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Start-up display

Postby dbrn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:39 am

Hi Dan,

I wanted to suggest two small, useful improvements to this great program.

First would be to always have it start up to the view used when it was last closed. By 'view' I mean, for example, the Month view of the calendar, as opposed to switching to Contacts, Notes, or Events at startup, which mine usually does.

Second, in Month view, the current week is automatically placed at the bottom of the calendar (both when switching to Month view and when clicking the Today button at the top of Month view). It would be more useful for the current week to appear at the top of the calendar, so that you could automatically see what's coming (rather than being shown everything already completed in your past!). Or maybe a compromise would be to put the current week in the middle of the screen, though I don't know why anyone would need to look back through their calendar right when they're starting it up.

Thanks for considering these!

Daniel Braun
dbrn

Re: Start-up display

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi Daniel, thanks for the feedback.

First would be to always have it start up to the view used when it was last closed.

VueMinder is supposed to restore whichever view was previously active when VueMinder was closed. This sounds like a bug. I'll investigate further and will post a reply when a correction is available.

Second, in Month view, the current week is automatically placed at the bottom of the calendar.

This happens when the "Whole Month" option is selected. If the current date is near the end of the month, then you'll see the current week near the bottom of the Month View because the whole current month will be shown. It's not always like this - just when the current date is near the end of the month. If you don't like this behavior, click the settings button in the upper-right corner (the button looks like a gear) and select a desired number of weeks instead of using the "Whole Month" setting. When VueMinder starts, or when you click the "Today" button, the current week will be the first visible row.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby dbrn » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I'll use the Today button instead of the Month button from now on!

I wonder if the other issue is a result of my not closing down VueMinder before shutting down my computer? Since it's always running in the background (minimized to taskbar) I rarely think to close it down. Because it seems to open to something other than the view that was previously active pretty much every time, across multiple machines and Windows versions.
dbrn

Postby VueSoft » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:11 am

VueMinder will save its current settings when Windows is shutdown. However, it's possible Windows is shutting down before VueMinder has a chance to fully save everything. I'll let you know when a correction is available. In the meantime, you could try right-clicking the VueMinder icon in the system tray (near the clock) and selecting "Exit", prior to shutting down Windows.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions