Calendar Printing

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Calendar Printing

Postby Anthony_PacFresh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:51 pm

I'm currently using the trial of version 5.4.0

1. It would be great if I could save my settings for printing, or save multiple report settings and use a drop down to jump to my saved settings.

2. Once those settings are saved have a control that you can schedule to print out on selected intervals.
Anthony_PacFresh

Re: Calendar Printing

Postby VueSoft » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi Anthony, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestions. Having the ability to save report settings is a good idea. I've added this to the list of features to add in the future.

As for scheduled printouts, can you clarify a bit more how you would envision this working? Maybe something that is used in conjunction with the saved report settings (when implemented), so you can schedule a printout to occur using the specified report settings file, at a set interval? What type of intervals are you looking for (weekly, daily, hourly, something else?), and would you like the printed date range to automatically adjust itself?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Anthony_PacFresh » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 pm

Personally I would use the once a day and the once a week feature in terms of printing interval, but I was envisioning an interface similar to how the recurring events are scheduled. So it would be very customizable for each individuals taste. Maybe implement a simple date range selector for days on the report like:

Today
Three Day
Seven Day
This Week
This Month
This Year
All

That way the dates can be reevaluated each time it is printed. Great product BTW
Anthony_PacFresh

Postby VueSoft » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I've added this to the list of features to add in the future. I'll post a reply to this thread when a release is available that provides the ability to save/load report formats and schedule automatic printing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions