GUI - Ergonomy

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

GUI - Ergonomy

Postby Kynao » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:46 am

Hi,

Except toodledo support missing, Vueminder is alrealdy a nice piece of software even if we can always have feature suggestions.
My suggestion is on another level : confort to use it through a pleasant gui interface.

To be brief, my personal taste is that vueminder looking is distrative and instead of describing much other things.

Having a both soft & sexy software encourage very much to buy it, to use it and keep it.
We all have to win much in that field. On my side, a better looking and ergonomy and i immediatly buy, it's as "simple" as that.

Happy new year !
Last edited by Kynao on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kynao

Re: GUI - Ergonomy

Postby Kynao » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:07 am

As well as contact section, i have no doubt that spreadsheet presentation has plenty of advantage but by an additional option, a fancy looking is more simpler and pleasant to use.
Kynao

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:27 am

Hi Kynao, thank you for the suggestion. The GUI is being redesigned for the next major release of VueMinder. As you are probably aware, there is a trade-off between having a lot of flexibility and a simple user interface. I'm going to move VueMinder more toward a simple user interface by removing some features that people find distracting or that don't add value.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Kynao » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:34 am

Great news that the gui is redesigned for the next major release (while ultimate is actually 11.2.4 so the next major is very far from now :) )

Cool that features that don't add value are removed :)
About distracting features at first, will we be able to "reactivate" them by option through preferences ?

PS : my first post has been modified, is it by me or by you ? :) (i can understand if it's by you, i just hope my given references will be useful for you during the redesign)
Kynao

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:45 am

The post was modified by me. I have the references noted. Thanks again for the feedback.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Kynao » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi,

Is it done ?
Is it release 2016?
Kynao

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:32 pm

Yes, the GUI redesign was completed as part of version 2016. The latest version runs much faster and is easier to navigate than previous versions. I didn't remove many of the features I had originally planned, since those features are used. Instead, the GUI was modified to make things easier to find. I hope you'll like the new GUI. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions