Create own Diary Template

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Create own Diary Template

Postby Jaffacaique » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:35 am

Not sure if this is excactly what other post was requesting "Exception dates in recurring events"

Can Vueminder Pro be used to create templates that can be saved and reused i.e. Template 1: - (Week 1) Mon, Tues, Wed
Template 2: - (Week 2) Thur, Fri, Sat
I have tried the other suggestion which involves deleting the dates I don't need but if this feature was possible to add it would make quite a improvement,

I've tried the trial version for several days and found this program to be very flexible and user friendly, are there any discounts available to 1st time purchasers?
Jaffacaique

Re: Create own Diary Template

Postby VueSoft » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:14 am

Welcome to the forums, Jaffacaique!

I'm not sure I entirely understand the request. In your example, are you asking if 2 templates could be created and then applied to a single recurring event series? Or are you asking if different templates could be created for different recurring events?

Currently, you can pick and choose multiple days of the week by using their checkboxes in the Recurrence tab for the "Weekly" pattern type. However, these will repeat with the same days for each week the event is set to recur. If I understand what you're requesting, you'd like to have some days for one week, and different days for another week, and alternate between the two. Is that correct? If so, then yes, that's related to the other request for merging multiple recurrence patterns into a single series. I'll investigate this to see if it can be done, and will post a response when I know more.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Jaffacaique » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:23 am

Hi Dan

Sorry for the confusing post, the last part of your response was correct.

I currently work 2 shift Patterns. Mon, Tues, Wed on one week then Thurs, Fri, Sat on the 2nd shift pattern. I've since looked again at the options available under ' Re-occurences' and noticed that I can actually fill out a calendar for the year by selecting the first shift pattern (mon, tues, wed) and setting it to add these days every 2 weeks for the year and then use the same procedure again but this time selecting the other days (thur, Fri, Sat)

These options are more than suitable for what I need, thanks for fast reply. I take it there is no discount for first time purchasers then as you did not respond in my first post? :mrgreen:
Jaffacaique

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:46 pm

Regarding a discount for first-time purchasers, there IS a discount now, effective as of today. I apologize for not responding to that part of your post, but was frantically working on completing the updated website and getting this discount in place.

To qualify, you must currently be using a competing commercial calendar product purchased or renewed within the last 2 years. The discount is 35%, so instead of the regular price of $39.95, the price would be $25.95.

You can read more about this new discount here. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Jaffacaique » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:06 am

Hi Dan

Thank you getting back to me regarding the discount offer, however as I'm using Google Calander and Office 2007 Calendar both of these do not qualify. I've noticed on your site something called 'TrialPay' and that Goodsync Pro is included, I'm currently using the Free version of this and was going to buy the Pro version anyway. To qualify for the TrialPay offer will I need to supply a copy of my purchase invoice to you? and also will the copy of Vueminder Pro I recieve in return be the same full unstricted version that I would recieve when buying it the conventional way.

Sorry for the questions but I was just curious as I've never come across this type of offer before as it sounds too good to be true.
Jaffacaique

Postby VueSoft » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm not sure where you saw Goodsync Pro was included. Maybe that's one of the TrialPay offers? When you complete a TrialPay offer, which could be something like signing up with Netflix, ordering flowers, buying clothes, etc, you can get a free copy of VueMinder Calendar Pro. VueSoft will receive a portion of the proceeds, which vary depending on the offer selected.

The version received by completing a TrialPay offer is identical to the version that is normally $39.95, with the same 1-year free upgrade protection and priority customer service. The only difference is there's no 30 day money-back guarantee, since we can't refund purchases made through TrialPay.

The TrialPay offer is separate from the competitive upgrade discount, so the requirements for the competitive discount, like needing to show proof of purchase for a competing product, are not applicable. Just complete a TrialPay offer, and then you'll receive a link to download your licensed Pro version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions