Diferent email reminders before and after event

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Diferent email reminders before and after event

Postby Davor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Hello

I am completely new to VueMinder. I am now using a demo version just to see how it works. And I must say I am very surprised how good it is.

I would like to use it for managing bookings. And the best feature is that it has email reminders.
Here are few things that I would like to see in new version.

1. That there is a possibility to write 2 or more different emails reminders. One to be sent before the event (booking) like a "welcoming email" and another to be sent after the event like a "thank you" email.
Also it would be great if those emails are not generated from description tab but from "email tab" so that description stays for private use if necessary.

2. Also a very cool thing would be when I link the event with a contact info of a guest that I can use this information for automatic fill in the mail. For example: I just put in the email "Dear #NAME# #SURNAME" thank you for booking" and when the mail is sent name and surname from contacts would be written instead of #NAME# #SURNAME". Than I could have one template email that could be sent to different guests (bookings) but each would get it with his own name and other details.

3.Now there are 3 "sections" (I don't know how to call it) that can be added to calendar - LOCATION, PRIORITY and CATEGORIES. It would be cool if you could change those names or even add more "sections"

thanks
Davor

Re: Diferent email reminders before and after event

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi Davor, thank you for the suggestions.

1. That there is a possibility to write 2 or more different emails reminders. One to be sent before the event (booking) like a "welcoming email" and another to be sent after the event like a "thank you" email. Also it would be great if those emails are not generated from description tab but from "email tab" so that description stays for private use if necessary.

I have this on my list of planned improvements and will let you know when it's completed. A template will be provided (separate from the description) for each scheduled reminder, which can be customized as needed.

2. Also a very cool thing would be when I link the event with a contact info of a guest that I can use this information for automatic fill in the mail. For example: I just put in the email "Dear #NAME# #SURNAME" thank you for booking" and when the mail is sent name and surname from contacts would be written instead of #NAME# #SURNAME". Than I could have one template email that could be sent to different guests (bookings) but each would get it with his own name and other details.

I'll see if I can incorporate this into the template concept described above.

3.Now there are 3 "sections" (I don't know how to call it) that can be added to calendar - LOCATION, PRIORITY and CATEGORIES. It would be cool if you could change those names or even add more "sections".

The Ultimate version has a "Custom" tab where any number of additional input fields can be defined.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... ustom_Data

Thanks again for your suggestions. Please let me know if you have any other ideas on how VueMinder could be improved.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions