Search functions

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Search functions

Postby gjbth » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:12 am

Could the search function be integrated into the event list and when the user types in the text to find, the event list would update to show All events matching the search criteria.( or a new window could pop up and remain on screen until dismissed, or even integrated into the search window itself) The user could then see at a glance, and select any instance of the search result, without having to search many times.

this would be a huge time saver

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Re: Search functions

Postby VueSoft » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:57 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to a list of future enhancements. I'll post a response to this thread after the improvement has been made.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Search functions

Postby VueSoft » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:27 am

The Pro version has been improved to integrate searching with the Event List. After entering search text, the Event List will switch to a "Search Results" mode, and all matching events or tasks within the specified date range will be listed. This will also happen within a fraction of a second - it's very fast now.

Each time a new search phrase is entered, a tab will be added to the Search Results area of the Event List. These tabs allow you to quickly switch between search text. They can also be closed if no longer needed. In addition, the date range used for the search can be adjusted, and search results dynamically updated, without needing to re-command the search.

I think this feature turned out really well. Thank you for the suggestion!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions