Dismiss/Dismiss All jumping sides?

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Dismiss/Dismiss All jumping sides?

Postby BlueProteus » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Ok, this is being real nitpicky, but I wanted to mention it anyway. :lol:

When an event has arrived (or passed), there's a popup window for the reminder, with a checkbox in the lower right corner that says "Dismiss". There's also a Snooze button with time setting for snooze.

But when there are multiple items in the reminder panel, the Dismiss All button appears instead, and it switches to the lower left corner instead. If you dismiss one of two reminders, the Dismiss button then jumps back over to the lower right.

This is kind of annoying, because I don't always want to use the Dismiss All button, I want to just dismiss one or two events. But when I do this, I find that my mouse cursor is suddenly sitting over the snooze button instead of the Dismiss button, because the position changes, and I inadvertently end up pressing snooze when I wanted to dismiss.

I don't really care which corner it appears in, I'd just like it to be consistent.
BlueProteus

Re: Dismiss/Dismiss All jumping sides?

Postby VueSoft » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Try making the popup reminder window wider so the buttons at the bottom of the window don't need to wrap to a new row in order to fit. If you make the window wide enough, you should see the Snooze buttons always appear on the left and the Dismiss buttons always on the right.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Dismiss/Dismiss All jumping sides?

Postby BlueProteus » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Ha! I never even thought of that.

Thanks, hopefully that will solve it.
BlueProteus

Return to Suggestions