Ability to Lock events

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Ability to Lock events

Postby gjbth » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:25 am

How about the ability to toggle a 'lock' on an event. So that it cannot be deleted/modified or moved until the lock is removed. No need for password or encryption, just something to prevent the inadvertent modification of events.
perhaps it could be implemented as a check box on the event creation 'action dialog' and also when right clicking on events.
gjbth

Re: Ability to Lock events

Postby VueSoft » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to my list of possible improvements for the future.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Well, it has been a while, but this improvement is now available in version 10.1.5 (Pro and Ultimate only). To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.

When an event, task, or note is right-clicked, there will be a "Locked" option on the popup menu. Clicking that option will lock the item, preventing it from being edited or deleted. To unlock the item, right-click and toggle the "Locked" option off.

There's also a "Lock" button on the toolbar at the top of the Event, Task, and Note Editor windows. This button can be toggled on or off the same as the option on the right-click menu. For example, if you open a locked event and need to make changes, you can temporarily disable the lock via the toolbar button, make your changes, and then re-enable the lock before closing the event.

This feature works in conjunction with calendar sharing. When a shared event, task, or note is locked, only the creator of that item can unlock it. Other users, even those with "Contributor" access, will have read-only access to locked items.

Thanks again for the suggestion. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:06 pm

:D A really useful feature, could be enhanced by showing a padlock icon on the event, as per the alarm and recurring event icons.
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 am

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll let you know when this improvement is completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions