Add multiple tasks

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Add multiple tasks

Postby mihal.v » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:01 am

It would be great to be able to create multiple tasks at once in notepad interface (one line - one task).
mihal.v

Re: Add multiple tasks

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:12 pm

HI mihal.v, thank you for the suggestion. I'll consider adding this feature. In the meantime, VueMinder can import tasks from Excel or CSV files, which is a very quick way of adding many tasks in a single operation.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby mihal.v » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Import is very good thing but not when you create everyday todo lists. It's very slow. When you add multiple tasks at once you should can to define category, priority, start and due date and related task for all added tasks... it's impossible when importing.
mihal.v

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:08 am

Well, I'm not sure how you would specify those additional values from a notepad type interface. For what it's worth, it's not impossible to import most those values. If you define your tasks in Excel, you can have columns for priority, category, start, due, etc. Please see the "Supported Field Names" section of the documentation linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... tasks.html

You can maintain a simple task list in Excel and periodically import this task list into VueMinder. Any existing tasks will be updated instead of duplicated. New tasks you've added to the spreadsheet will be added to VueMinder.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions