Start/due date setup, event editor vs. task editor

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Start/due date setup, event editor vs. task editor

Postby GreatLakes » Fri May 24, 2013 8:51 pm

I would like to see the task editor match the event editor in one area. In the event editor, the start time/end time is in a separate section above the description toolbar. The task editor has the start/due function on the same line as the description toolbar.

The separation of the start time/end time in the event editor allows for the length of the event to have a separate box. Additionally, when entering a description in the event editor, the start time/end time is always visible. Entering a description is a little easier because the description to enter feeds off the time frame.

The task editor start/due date is not always visible when entering a description, so you have to keep toggling back to start/due date when thinking about the wording to enter in description. This is not a big deal, but I do find the event editor layout more obvious.
GreatLakes

Re: Start/due date setup, event editor vs. task editor

Postby VueSoft » Sat May 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback. The task start/due information is shown on its own tab because it's a bit more complex than how event start/end times are specified.

Tasks can start on a date, on a date at a certain time, when the first sub-task starts, or when another task is completed. Tasks can also have no start specified.

Tasks can be due on a date, at a certain time on a date, or when the last sub-task is due. Tasks can also have no due date.

Also, tasks can be configured to float to the current date when overdue and they can be configured to repeat.

Putting the input fields for all this stuff at the top of the Task Editor would leave less space for other tabs. I tried to design the Task Editor so it would fit on netbook displays, which typically have a horizontal resolution of 600 pixels. I understand your suggestion, but there's no space at the top of the Task Editor to show the task start time without making the Task Editor too large to fit on smaller displays.

Maybe I could popup a resolved start/due time when the mouse if hovered over the Start/Due tab label. This would eliminate the need to switch to the Start/Due tab and wouldn't require the Task Editor to be made larger. Sound good?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Start/due date setup, event editor vs. task editor

Postby GreatLakes » Sun May 26, 2013 12:18 am

Hi Dan,

Your suggestion is perfect. Thanks again for quick response.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions