Vue Minder Suggestion

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Vue Minder Suggestion

Postby Stephen » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:19 am

Is it possible to include a table view of events...
I sometimes need a table to work from, and this is the only view your program lacks.

Thanks
Stephen

Re: Vue Minder Suggestion

Postby VueSoft » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:16 am

Thanks for the suggestion. This is not currently a feature, but is something we can (and will!) include in the next major update, which should be released within the next month or so.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Karen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:18 pm

I agree with Stephen's suggestion. I would really like to view the entire event list.

I also suggest that you add an option to the recurrence window that allows for calculation of years by start date. This is a handy reminder for milestone birthdays and anniversaries.

Other things on my wish list include making the reminder pop-up window show the events in their colors (like in calendar view) and the ability to sort events. This would be very handy for me since I only use all day events, and I tackle things in groups by priority. I prioritize by calendar and have them sorted that way (high priority at the top of the list). Having the events appear that way as well would be nice.
Karen

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:08 am

The event list suggestion has been implemented as of version 3.09.0101. You should see a "List" toggle button on the toolbar, to the right of the "Today" button. Clicking this will show a list of events and/or tasks. You can resize the list by dragging the lower border. You can also adjust the start and end dates and define custom filters for each column.

As for yearly recurrence, this is also provided. On the Recurrence tab of the Event Editor, there will be a "Recurrence Pattern" box. On the left side of the box are different pattern types. If you're setting up a yearly event, like a birthday, you can click the "Yearly" option. You can then choose to have it repeat on the same day every year (like January 26) or use a more complex rule (like the second Tuesday of January). Either way, I think this should provide what you're asking.

As for your suggestion to include event colors in the popup reminder list, I'll work on adding that for an upcoming release.

I'll also see if there's a way to sort events when they are all-day. Currently, they appear based on the order they were defined, but I'm pretty sure I can add some menu options to re-arrange them (or maybe even a way to prioritize events so the sorting is automatic). I need to think about this one some more.

These are good suggestions. If you think of any more, please let me know!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:33 am

The popup reminder list has been improved to use the associated event appearances. This improvement is in version 3.09.0201. Event sorting has not been implemented yet, but I'm looking into it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Karen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:38 am

Thank you for checking on the event sorting in calendar view.

What I was asking for in the Recurrence Tab is an option (check box) to "Calculate age using start date".
Event=Joe's Birthday
Start Date=5/1/1990
Recurrence Pattern=Yearly, every May 1
Result if not checked=Joe's Birthday
Result if checked=Joe's Birthday(19 years)
This would work for any event where counting would be helpful (much like counting the weeks or days in a year). It would have to be configured to calculate based on the recurrence pattern (day, week, month, year). You would also have to implement some kind of inhibitor to prevent all the past occurrences of the event from popping up, since this "New Event" would occur in the past.

My wish list continues:

On the View Menu there is a check box for Tasks and other things. Since one could pretty much customize what they need to see (and how much room they need to see it, via resizing each pane) could you make it so it stays that way until you change it? It always reverts back to the default on Exit or system boot. It is time consuming to rearrange things each time.

A three or four day calendar view would be perfect. One is not enough, seven is too many.

Thanks for your kind and prompt attention. It really is appreciated.
Karen

Postby VueSoft » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:46 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I will work to address these in an upcoming release. Please let me know if you think of anything else!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Karen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Just one thing (yeah, right). My paragraph above asking for VueMinder to retain settings.... it does that now. It was either fixed with the update, or that is the normal behavior for the trial version.
Karen

Postby VueSoft » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:02 pm

The trial version should also remember the settings. I'm not sure why this wasn't working before, but I'll look into it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:02 pm

A three or four day calendar view would be perfect. One is not enough, seven is too many.

A new version has been released that addresses this. The Day, Week, and Month buttons on the toolbar have drop-down menus that allow customization of what is displayed. For the Day View, you can choose to display between 1 and 6 days. For the Week View, you can choose to display the entire week, or only weekdays. And for the Month View, you can choose to display between 1 and 12 weeks at a time. You can also compress the display of weekends.

VueMinder will remember the most recent settings for each of these view types, so when you switch between them, you won't have to reselect the option you picked previously.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Next

Return to Suggestions