Keyboard shortcuts in filtering

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Keyboard shortcuts in filtering

Postby GreatLakes » Sun May 05, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi Dan,

In the task list and event list most especially, but also note and contact list, the filter command column allows ordering in ascending or descending order. When there are a lot of dates both forward and backward, selecting or unselecting the dates to filter takes a while. It would be nice to be able to have some command that would quickly define a range of dates to select or unselect. For instance, standard window conventions with shift and ctl with mouse click works quickly in task and event list, but there is no way to do the same method in the filtering menu.

I think this would be a useful addition, unless there is a way to do this that I am not aware of.

Thanks.
GreatLakes

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in filtering

Postby VueSoft » Sun May 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi GreatLakes, I'm not sure I understand. Are you using the filter drop-down (seen when clicking the filter button) on the Start column to filter events that are outside a certain date range? If so, maybe an easier method would be to select "A range of dates" from the "Date range" drop-down at the top-left corner of the list. Next, pick the desired start and end dates. Any events outside the specified range will be filtered. Does that help, or did I misunderstand?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Sun May 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Yes, I agree that the drop down at the top left to pick a range of dates is easier then using the filter, but as you remember, in tasks, but not events, this drop down in the top left is not working for a range of dates or the selected dates. I guess that when you fix this, then the need for quicker filtering in tasks will be solved. Hope I didn't make it too confusing.

Thanks.
GreatLakes

Postby VueSoft » Mon May 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Thank you for clarifying. I'll post a reply when the Task List is improved to support a specified date range.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions