A few Printing Features

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

A few Printing Features

Postby willvill1995 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 am

Hi, the company I work for currently has a horrendous was of managing it's calendars. This has lead to many mistakes and is just a general pain for myself and everyone else(2 people can't edit at the same time, multiple documents, duplicate information has to be manually copied between these multiple documents, etc).
I would love to have them move over to VueMinder but there are a few features(specifically for printing) which would make it a much simpler sell:

1. Add a Background Image
2. Add an Image Beside the Title(preferable on Both Sides)

3. Add other Info to Blank Cells from previous/next months(I Know you currently have an overflow feature but my company uses this space to put other information and it would be great to be able to just add some text here, at least when printing)
4. Option to Show time beside(Before Preferable) name of event

5. The only other thing would be a different type of 2 page printing where first half of month is on one page, the next on another page but this can be achieved manually so it is not such a big deal.

Thanks for taking the time to read over my suggestions, hopefully you will consider them as I know your product would be a great asset to the company I work for.
willvill1995

Re: A few Printing Features

Postby VueSoft » Thu May 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi willvill1995, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback.

1. Add a Background Image

VueMinder doesn't support a background image for the entire page, but it does support background images on different dates. These images will be included when printing the Monthly layout. See the documentation linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... round.html

2. Add an Image Beside the Title(preferable on Both Sides)

I have this on my list of planned improvements and will post a reply when it's finished. In the meantime, perhaps you can use the current Day Background feature to accomplish a similar effect.

3. Add other Info to Blank Cells from previous/next months(I Know you currently have an overflow feature but my company uses this space to put other information and it would be great to be able to just add some text here, at least when printing)

Thank you for the suggestion.

4. Option to Show time beside(Before Preferable) name of event

On the Print window, select "Medium" or "High" for the "Detail level" value. Pick "Low" to hide the event times.

5. The only other thing would be a different type of 2 page printing where first half of month is on one page, the next on another page but this can be achieved manually so it is not such a big deal.

On the Print window, check the box labeled "2 pages per month".

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions. Also, I'd recommend taking a quick glance at the documentation linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... indow.html
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby willvill1995 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:19 pm

1. That wouldn't work too well for what we need... In my opinion it would be a useful feature for more than just me so please at least consider it.

4. It turns out I had only added all day events in my testing so that one is my fault. :oops:

5. What I was suggesting was an alternative to the one you have now, let me show you what I meant.
Page 1 - http://www.dropbox.com/s/e1llxuozhbl5se ... ge%201.png
Page 2 - http://www.dropbox.com/s/px80atdkvwuntc ... ge%202.png

Thanks for the quick response.

PS. Sorry for the miscommunication in my first post.
willvill1995

Postby VueSoft » Sat May 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Thank you for clarifying. I'll consider your suggestions. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions