Hover feature for task and event list, dates

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Hover feature for task and event list, dates

Postby GreatLakes » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

I would like the ability in task list and event list to hover over date fields and have a "tootip" or balloon appear with what day of the week that date is. I know that I can go to options in main menu, choose calendar and then change date format to day and date, but it still would be nice to have hover feature. The days format in the list takes a lot more room and the hover feature to indicate day would be useful.

Thanks.
GreatLakes

Re: Hover feature for task and event list, dates

Postby VueSoft » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback. I'll add an another date format option that uses abbreviated day names, so it won't take as much space. I believe that will solve the issue, without needing to use tooltips.

In practice, tooltips in a list can be annoying because they'll appear whenever the mouse hovers over a row, and will obscure other rows. You'd need to keep the mouse outside the list to prevent the tooltips from appearing. Tooltips work in the Calendar Views (Day, Week, Month) because there's usually a lot more empty space where the cursor can be positioned without a tooltip appearing. The lack of tooltips in the Event List is actually intentional.

I played around with enabling tooltips in the Event List, to see how it would work. Trust me, you don't want that! I believe providing a shorter date format that still shows the day names is really what you're after. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Hover feature for task and event list, dates

Postby GreatLakes » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi Dan,

Yes, your solution achieves the purpose of seeing both dates and days without taking up a lot of room. I can definitely see how the hover can be annoying, so your solution achieves what I was after.

Thanks.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions